BRITA UK is committed to the health and well-being of its staff and customers at all times and no more so than in this current challenging climate.
Like all businesses navigating the current environment, over the last two months we have transformed our operations to enable us to protect our employees and also ensure we can fulfil our commitment to our customers. This has included rolling out homeworking across the company where feasible, and putting comprehensive safety measures in place for those unable to work remotely.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement encouraging key sectors of the economy to restart, and in line with government guidelines, we have conducted further risk assessment and as such have put additional measures in place. While we are still maintaining home working as much as possible, the steps we have taken include:
- Providing sanitising products in every work area and increasing the frequency of cleaning on site, especially in communal areas such a break rooms and sanitary facilities
- Splitting teams within the manufacturing side of the business which is producing and fulfilling customers’ orders
- Ceasing any business travel until further guidance is received. Face to face meetings will only be undertaken if it is impossible to do so via conferencing software and only after careful planning to maintain social distancing
- As has been the case throughout, directing any employee who is experiencing symptoms associated with the virus to contact NHS 111 and self-isolate as needed
- Ensuring that should a member of an employee’s household display some of the symptoms, staff also self-isolate for 14 days
- Ensuring that any employee absent because of a confirmed case of COVID-19 remains off site for the full course of the illness, as recommended by Government guidelines
We are keeping our employees fully informed about steps to take for containment and management on our premises. We monitor and review, daily, all the measures put in place to ensure that BRITA continues to keep within the Government guidelines and at the same time make sure that our staff are safe and well.