BRITA warranty and spare part conditions
The 12 month BRITA additional guarantee, the BRITA spare parts provision and the tap specific guarantee set out below are provided by BRITA in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights relating to the goods under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (as amended from time to time). For purchases from our online shop, further details can be found here. For purchases via a third party retailer, please visit their website and terms of sale.
Warrantor Details: BRITA UK at BRITA House, 9 Granville Way, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4JT
12 months BRITA additional guarantee
- All BRITA products include as standard a 2 year guarantee from the date of purchase. Customers who are residents in the UK are entitled to extend their guarantee without extra charge for an additional 12 month period (total 3 year guarantee), subject to complying with the conditions of guarantee below, including opting for the extended guarantee at the time of registration. This guarantee covers material defects and functional errors that can be traced to faults in production or construction and existed at the time of purchase.
- In the event of a justified complaint, BRITA customer service will decide on a case-by-case basis whether to award free repair of the item, replace the defective part or the entire product with a same or comparable item, or to refund the entire or part of the original purchasing price. Further claims, in particular for damages due to non-compliance, are excluded.
- Guarantee services do not provide an extension of the guarantee period, nor do they initiate a new guarantee period. The guarantee period for spare parts fitted in the context of repairs shall end with the guarantee period for the product as a whole.
- The guarantee is only guaranteed insofar as all conditions for the guarantee service are fulfilled.
Tap specific guarantee
- Tap specific guarantees are offered by BRITA to customers who are residents in the UK without extra charge and are subject to customers complying with the conditions of guarantee below.
- The guarantee period against parts (excluding fair wear and tear) for the following tap models: Struana, Titanium, Rosedale, Ceto Chrome, Ceto Brushed and Solo Nebula runs from the date of purchase for 2 years. If the tap was purchased between 2012 and 2016 this guarantee can be extended by an additional 3 years to 5 years in total. For any tap purchased from 2016 onwards the customer is entitled to extend the guarantee for a further 2 years on their original guarantee (4 years in total), by registering the product as per the below conditions, including opting for the extended guarantee at the time of registration.
- The guarantee period against parts (excluding fair wear and tear) for the following tap models: WD3010 (Sano), WD3020 (Dolce), WD3030 (Talori), WD3040 (Marena), WD3050 (Talori Brushed) Torlan, Kelda Chrome, Kelda Brushed, and Fontanne runs from the date of purchase for 2 years. This period can be extended by a further year to 3 years in total, by registering the product as per the below conditions, including opting for the extended guarantee at the time of registration.
- The guarantee period against parts (excluding fair wear and tear) and the finish i.e. chrome or brushed for the following model: Ceto Brushed runs from the date of purchase for 3 years and cannot be extended.
- The guarantee period against parts (excluding fair wear and tear) and the finish i.e. chrome or brushed for the following models: WD3050 (Talori Brushed) and Kelda Brushed runs from the date of purchase for 2 years and cannot be extended.
Conditions of guarantee on all products
- Customers are entitled to the services included within the extended 12 month guarantee and the tap specific guarantees detailed above, subject to the below conditions being met:
- Guarantee is only valid to the original purchaser of new boxed products only (Ex. Display is not covered). This will require a proof of purchase from all customers, this proof of purchase must include the purchase date and product name.
- Customers must register their product with proof of purchase using the following website address www.register.brita.net within the 2 year period and if they wish to extend their guarantee, then they must elect to do so on registration.
- Guarantee services may only be carried out by BRITA or authorised BRITA partners. The guarantees will not apply damages that can be traced back to improper use, incorrect use, and incorrect installation by anyone other than BRITA or an authorised BRITA partner on behalf of BRITA, normal wear and tear or incorrect care. This includes system debris such as lime scale. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (as amended from time to time), a consumer has no rights to claim for faults that appear as a result of fair wear and tear.
- If products are not registered for an extended guarantee, BRITA are not liable under these guarantees for any defects that arise after the first 2 years. However, but this does not affect your statutory right to claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (as amended from time to time).
- For any questions regarding the guarantees, please contact BRITA care:
- By calling 0344 742 4800
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BRITA spare parts provision
- BRITA offer a customer spare parts service which is a voluntary service of BRITA GmbH. The distribution of spare parts is at the discretion of BRITA customer service and is subject to availability and proof of purchase. There is no legal claim to the provision of spare parts to the customer.
- Whilst BRITA offer this spare parts service they are not responsible for the labour costs associated with repairing or replacing the parts nor are they responsible for incorrect installation modification or repair by an installer or repairer not authorised by BRITA.